1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And we're back...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zeke12, Aug 18, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

yo you dont wont to be sendin in now storie like that it wood just make erbody go k-razy cuz not erbody write like me i gots my on stile.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

We laugh at the horrid language of the great one. But it's kind of scary that there is so much of this texting talk out there. I received an e-mail from my sister a few months ago, and it was filled with shit that blew my mind. Example: B cuz UR my friend, I will 4give U. My sis says she just did it because she knew it would bother me. She was correct.

3. Douglas

Douglas Member

I like my names for that better.

Idiot-speak
    Dumb-speak
    AOLese. :)

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

That's just frickin' hilarious!

I hate to say it, but I do miss COCKDIAN. Just saying that makes me crack up. And his posts are even better.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You should get a [1] or something next to the 'my messages' button. I logged on this morning and it said [4].

Or, on the other thread, Webby said you can change your profile where you'll get a pop-up window whenever you get a new one.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

;D

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Still perplexed as to why I can't PM Douglas.

8. Douglas

Douglas Member

Because I block PMs. As I told Webby yesterday, it's not uncommon for me to go 6-8 weeks without checking PMs. I own or am a tech admin for at least 20+ sites, so my time has to be divided very carefully. PMs are a very low priority for me.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Then that explains it.

Allow me to add my voice to the one talking about the large size of our name in the upper left corner. Some of us like to be able to be logged in around other media members without having to hide part of our screen to keep from being outed.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

Left? :D

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Am I missing something?

Does yours not say "Hello 2muchcoffeeman" in massive type in the upper left corner?

12. 2muchcoffeeman

Ah ... I thought you meant "our name" as in the garish logo in the upper right corner.

Draft saved Draft deleted