1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And this is why blindly being religious is for the impressively stupid....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by schiezainc, May 9, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

I just wonder where they went to the bathroom for two months.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

From what I read of the story, it seemed to me that the house had multiple bathrooms and that the deadie how one for herself.

3. OJ1414

OJ1414 Member

Nope, just one

4. I completely agree with your new version of the thread title and couldn't disagree more strongly with the first one.
    And I have to ask, if religion is bigger than life or death -- and those of us who believe in an afterlife say it is -- then why is it silly for people to be serious about following the "rules" of their beliefs?

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Because at some point some of those rules become untenable (Jehovah's Witnesses that don't allow their dying kids to get medical help because it's against their faith).

6. Well, I'm not a Jehovah's Witness, so maybe I'm speaking out of turn here, but if I believe that a blood transfusion would cost me or my kid their soul, I wouldn't do it either.
    I do believe they'll see doctors, by the way. There are other sects that don't, so I see your point, but you have to consider what those people believe.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

And just because you believed that wouldn't make it right, nor should a doctor have to automatically respect that if it were a matter of life and death.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Religion night at SportsJournalists.com. Catch the fever!

9. I agree on both counts.
    I'm just saying that my soul is worth much more to me than anything in this life. Fortunately, I believe in a savior who forgives all, so I don't have to worry much.

10. With me around, religion night is never far off.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Well, some people here read like they're posting in tongues ...

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Quit trying to push your beliefs on me, you intolerant right-wing jerk.

Draft saved Draft deleted