1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And then there were three -- Pat Kennedy Lawford dies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

She died of pneumonia on Sunday at age 82.

The sixth of Joe and Rose Kennedy's children, she was also the sixth to die, following Joe Jr., Kathleen, Jack, Bobby and Rosemary. Only Eunice, Jean and Ted are left. She also leaves four children and 10 grandchildren.

I've always thought that, in her youth, she was the best looking of the Kennedy sisters. I realize that's not saying much but, still...

http://www.latimes.com/la-me-lawford18sep18,0,13421.story?track=mostviewed-homepage

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

If nothing else, at least Pat (correctly) assumed she wasn't the ugliest of the bunch.

During Ted Kennedy's 1980 presidential campaign, an agitated campaign worker called Lawford, saying a Kennedy family member had been promised at a political gathering "and we have nobody." What's more, the campaign worker said, the meeting is in an hour.

"In an hour!" Lawford exclaimed. "Why my hair is a fright. I don't have any makeup on. I've got this old dress. I look like a total wreck. Why, it's impossible."

"But, Mrs. Lawford, what are we going to do?" implored the frantic campaign worker.

"All right, then," Lawford said. "I'll come as Eunice."

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted