1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

...and then David Caruso took off his sunglasses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Sep 18, 2006.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

You are not the only one. I miss the hell out of Sofia Milos.

2. bd11

bd11 Member

Last night's season opener was embarassing. The plot holes were too numerous to name. Like how Eric just happened to find the guy alone and start a knife fight. Ditto for the last scene. Awful.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I would respectfully disagree, because John Kelly had a much larger role in the show than Andy Sipowitz at that time. Caruso carries that first season. His mentoring of Martinez, his support of Sipowitz, his relationship with Jimmy and Robin Wexler, the intereaction with his failing mother, with the Wendy Malik character who killed her abusive husband, with Janice Lakalsi, with the future ER doc (Sherry Stringfield?), etc., were the main storylines two of every three weeks.

Year I, Andy was pretty much a one-trick pony (drunk cop with racist tendencies). However, after Caruso left they really expanded Sipowitz's part and gave him a lot more depth and character.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

Sofia Milos is sssssssmokin'.

And how in the fuck did Delco find Riaz on a helicopter landing pad? The cut to that scene was so out-of-place. Nothing led up to it. It was like the writers wrote that part of the script later, closed their eyes and pointed at a spot in the script to add it in. How weird.

I like how we all make fun of Caruso, the bad acting and silly storylines, but most of us tune in every Monday night to check it out. Why is that? The beautiful HD picture? Beautiful women? Beautiful Emily Procter? Or beautiful graphics?

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

yes, indeed. it's hard to fathom the "nypd blue" caruso and the "csi:miami" caruso are one in the same.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I guess you're right that Caruso had a bigger role than Franz did the first year. I just never liked the guy. It seemed his favorite thing was looking at somebody and saying, "You OK? Yeah? You're all right? You sure? You're OK? Yeah?"

7. NDub

NDub Guest

The link doesn't work. AH GOD! Help a brother out.

8. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

It was a great first episode for CSI Miami.

After all, Caruso got to go to Brazil for an important scene at the top of that really, really big mountain. They shot the scene from a number of angles. It puts Caruso squarely in the lead for the Emmy this year.

And you don't get to see better knife fights than the one in this episode. Who knew that Delco was such a good knife fighter. Fortunately, Cane came to the rescue and saved his life. Then the two got justice for the death of the sister/wife who was dying anyway (or at least we thing she was dying).

The one problem that I had with the episode is that there weren't enough boats involved. They need to have more high-powered boats.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Y'all should have had a drinking game going during the first season of Blue. Take a drink every time Kelly says "You okay?" (He sometimes does it on CSI Miami). I guarantee you'd have been crocked by the end of the program.

10. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Ditto. I'm just about done with CSI:Caruso. How untouchable is a drug lord if two cops from Miami can find him alone three times in one day? And the thought of making the World's Hottest Grant Writer suddenly a full-fledged CSI is ridiculous. They just hire people off the street for a forensics lab these days? It's beyond hokey.

With the new shows, I knew we had to lay off one of the CSIs from our weekly viewing lineup. They've made it easy.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No disagreement on that particular foible. That was strange.

Draft saved Draft deleted