1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the winner of the Nov. 2008 Presidential election is...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Giuliani.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Quite.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I can tell ::)

4. I'm from the NYC and lived there when he was mayor and I can't stand him. If wasn't mayor during 9/11, he wouldn't be running right now. It makes me sick that he is using his notoriety from that tragic disaster to run for president.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Personally can't stand her. And the rational part of me says, "There is no way she can get elected!" But I won't take the bet. I didn't think Bill Clinton could get elected and he did. I didn't think Hilary Clinton could carpet bag her fake personality and pandering into New York get herself elected senator and she did. So I refuse to bet against either of them.

I was just thinking about it and foresaw a scenario that would have doomed a ticket 15 years ago, but may make it even more electable in 2008. Hilary gets the nomination. And she is under intense pressure to put Obama on the ticket with her. And somehow the black guy--who would have killed a presidential ticket at any other time in our country's history--actually makes what would have been an unelectable woman electable.

6. I believe they have already both refused to be on each other's ticket as vice prez.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Is that 52 percent of the people who actually vote or 52 percent of the general population?
    But even of the majority of the population voted for someone else, as was the case in '92 and '00, another person could still be elected.
    Hillary's smart, she's already done the math. Win all the states Gore did in 2000, then swing New Hampshire and Arkansas, and she has 270, to the Republican's 268 and she's President.
    Win all of Gore's and then Florida or Ohio and the election is in the bag.
    Swing all four states, and you have a landslide.
    I personally think that Hillary will pull more than 300 electoral college votes.
    Here, play with this map...
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/vote2004/politics101/politics101_ecmap.html

8. markvid

markvid Guest

That will weaken the party's strength.
    And leave Hillary on the outside looking in, she doesn't get the nomination.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I got a feeling Edwards will be on the Dem ticket again as VP, most likely Hillary's.

10. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

It's not right, but there are people who won't vote for Hilary for two reasons:
    1. She married Bill Clinton.
    2. She's a woman.

There's still a stuck in the 1700s segment of the population that thinks the presidency is a job for men.

Edwards wouldn't take it again.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Hillary will choose Wes Clark to be her VP. She has no intention of choosing any of the front-runners for the ticket. Expect Bill Richardson to be named as the Secretary of State.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Richardson as veep?

Draft saved Draft deleted