1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the Oscar goes to ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 20, 2015.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

I saw it this weekend. It was a solid effort, but too much of the last third was outright fiction.

It might have a shot at a couple of awards, though.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the biopic of Samsung founder Lee Byung-chul. It tells the same story, but tickets cost half as much.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If Ashton Kutcher couldn't make it work ...

Ace likes this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Fassbender is one of the best actors working today. His performance in 12 Years a Slave was among the best of the decade. That he didn't win an Oscar for that is a travesty, and I'd applaud the Academy giving him a payback award this year as a make-good even if he doesn't deserve it.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Steve Jobs has no chance. He wasn't Asian-American.

cjericho and Ace like this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't get to many movies these days, except for kids' ones, but I saw "The Walk," and I hope it at least gets some nominations. The constant voice over was a little obtrusive, but that's nit picking. It was probably the most fun I've ever had watching a movie in a theater. I always say that the Academy should try to think about what people will remember about the movie year 20 or 30 years from now. For me, it's the last 40 minutes or so of "The Walk," in 3D.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you are smart enough to want to see a movie about Apple Computers, then you are smart enough to not spend $11 to see it.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What part of this is Hollywood's fault?

Seems to me you should be blaming moviegoers.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I went to a free screening. ;)

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Have you seen Man on Wire? Wonder if anyone who saw that thinks there's still a need to see The Walk.

Draft saved Draft deleted