1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the Oscar goes to ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 20, 2015.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I often show a video in my class covering the development of the Macintosh. In it there are a few XEROX PARC alums who migrated to Apple and were key players over the years. They were pretty clear that Jobs was an absolute beast to work for/live with. One of them, in singing Jobs' praises, refers to him as "the terrorist."

I don't know how the movie depicts him, but if it doesn't have him occasionally being a monster, I'm pretty sure that depiction is inaccurate.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Always liked Michael Keaton.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

So he was already a Sith.

doctorquant likes this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's exactly how it depicts him. Now, are all the scenes things that actually happened, or does he say things the way he would have said them in reality? Some, but nost certainly not all. Maybe not truthful, but still real.

5. doctorquant

I would also imagine that the movie has a hard time conveying the whole b.o. thing.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Barack Obama?

7. doctorquant

body odor ... Jobs was infamous for believing that his fruit-heavy diet meant his sweat glands didn't work like mere mortals'.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  8. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

Except the reviewers say it doesn't.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Clearly not all of them.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So not only did Jobs believe his sh_t didn't stink, he thought his pits didn't stink?

TigerVols likes this.
  11. Mr. Sunshine

So this is the best movie ever made that may or may not be true?

12. doctorquant

Well, there's also the possibility it's not the best movie ever made that may or may not be true. I think we need to keep an open mind here.

Draft saved Draft deleted