1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the Oscar for best performance by a former NFL star in a movie goes to...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Stupid

Stupid Member

Please.

Broadway Joe in "C.C. and Company"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065511/

2. tommyp

tommyp Member

For best cameo role, I go with Lawrence Taylor in The Waterboy.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Re: And the Oscar for best performance by a former NFL star in a movie goes to..

Actually, LT acted surprisingly well in Any Given Sunday.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Gotta go with Roman Gabriel as a cherokee (Blue Boy) adopted by John Wayne The Undefeated (1969). Merlin Olsen, Rock Hudson and Lee Merriweather were also in that one.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought he was the worst part in what was an otherwise surprisingly funny movie...

6. And Ragu is right again.
    That scene in the locker room was actual acting.
    I liked Terry Bradshaw in Hooper, too.

7. I'll admit, it's one of my favorite sports movies of all time, probably because of my absolute abject fear of nuclear war (Thank you, mom, for letting me watch 'The Day After' when i was 9, I'm still scared shitless) and my love for the always underappreciated Alex English.

And hey, it had Gregory Peck and William Peterson and I think Jamie Lee Curtis as the agent.

And I think the football teams across the country stole that putting four fingers for the fourth quarter from the movie. Remember, Amazing's thing was '3'.
    Ironic, however, considering English wasn't a great 3-point shooter but one of the best mid-range shooters ever.

That is all.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Bradshaw and Mel Tillis made a great team in the first Cannonball Run movie. Remember when they were packing up their stock car with case after case of beer and, for food, a single bag of pork rinds? Too bad they got busted before the finish.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Terry greatest acting job was when he played himself in Smokey and the Bandit II -- Bootleggin' Boogaloo.

Draft saved Draft deleted