1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the No. 1 sign the GOP lost Congress...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Nov 11, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My gas prices jumped seven cents a gallon since Tuesday...
    How bout you?

2. "Sir, there's a man here from Chairman Waxman's office. Something about a subpoena?"

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I believe the operative word here is "gouging."

No change here...filled up for 1.93 Thursday, same as it's been for about 3 weeks

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Oil prices did go up a bit recently, didn't they? I remember reading they hit a two week high a few days ago, and it usually takes at least that long for that oil to become our gas. Then they dropped a bit because worldwide demand this year isn't as much as was originally anticipated. But I'm guessing stations will go up a bit on price heading into Thanksgiving weekend.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And the fact that Thanksgiving comes in a couple weeks is clearly the fault of Republicans

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, yeah actually...

President Lincoln proclaimed the last Thursday in November as a national day of Thanksgiving. And he was a Republican... ;)
    http://wilstar.com/holidays/thankstr.htm

7. Gas prices are up here too ... just days after my shop decreased our mileage reimbursement because of falling gas prices.

8. harrydoyle

harrydoyle New Member

That's funny, Slappy. I guess Honest Abe was in Exxon's back pocket.

9. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Well, Lincoln was a Republican before the parties switched labels -- i.e., when Strom Thurmond and his ilk were known as "Democrats."

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Dropped 4 cents at my corner station.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Well for God's sakes, go back and pick it up. You're a newspaper reporter, right? Since when did you get so independently wealthy?

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Down about 6 cents at the station I pass on my way to work.

Draft saved Draft deleted