1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the No. 1 sign the GOP lost Congress...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Nov 11, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My gas prices jumped seven cents a gallon since Tuesday...
    How bout you?
  2. "Sir, there's a man here from Chairman Waxman's office. Something about a subpoena?"
  3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I believe the operative word here is "gouging."

No change here...filled up for 1.93 Thursday, same as it's been for about 3 weeks
  4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Oil prices did go up a bit recently, didn't they? I remember reading they hit a two week high a few days ago, and it usually takes at least that long for that oil to become our gas. Then they dropped a bit because worldwide demand this year isn't as much as was originally anticipated. But I'm guessing stations will go up a bit on price heading into Thanksgiving weekend.
  5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And the fact that Thanksgiving comes in a couple weeks is clearly the fault of Republicans
  6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, yeah actually...

President Lincoln proclaimed the last Thursday in November as a national day of Thanksgiving. And he was a Republican... ;)
  7. Gas prices are up here too ... just days after my shop decreased our mileage reimbursement because of falling gas prices.
  8. harrydoyle

harrydoyle New Member

That's funny, Slappy. I guess Honest Abe was in Exxon's back pocket.
  9. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Well, Lincoln was a Republican before the parties switched labels -- i.e., when Strom Thurmond and his ilk were known as "Democrats."
  10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Dropped 4 cents at my corner station.
  11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Well for God's sakes, go back and pick it up. You're a newspaper reporter, right? Since when did you get so independently wealthy?
  12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Down about 6 cents at the station I pass on my way to work.
Draft saved Draft deleted