1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the most desperate single men in the country reside in ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's a fictional story inspired by the picture, fellas. Just that writer's opinion of what a first date with the girl would be like. Probably based on some regrettably expensive first dates where he got in over his head whilst chasing the siren song of an attractive woman.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Guessing a few St Elmo's visits helps skew the Indy numbers higher.

3. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Yeah but at least that date was with your wife.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The return on investment was fairly substantial, yes.

And, as is the case with a lot of these, we didn't realize it was a date at the time. Hence the McDonald's.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

This is not the poll I want to see. I want to see the poll for the city in which the most desperate single women reside in.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I took my wife to a New Britain Red Sox game and we had beer and peanuts. I'm a firm believer in setting the bar low.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good grief!!! Guess some people never have to live on a budget. I'd be terrified of marrying someone like that.

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I bet Jerry Gergich spent at least $500 on his first date to land Christie Brinkley.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Yeah, if a girl helped herself to a $70 bottle of wine on a first date, I'd strongly consider getting up to leave.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Hell hath no fury like.......

Trust me, you don't want to be bombarded by ugly, desperate, fat chicks whose sole aim in life is to find a sugar daddy to coddle them. Trust me, not real fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted