1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the Lenny Dykstra saga continues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jun 6, 2011.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Must have learned that from Philly, who stole him from the Mets. To be fair, he probably developed the drug problems as part of the 86 team.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Labeled a 'financial guru' in the lede.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/06/lenny-dykstra-charged-with-fraud-theft-drug-possession.html

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Can someone refresh my memory here? Is Dykstra also the con man who said "dude" about a million times in some story a couple years ago?

5. Hate-Miser2

Hate-Miser2 Member

I think that's fair to call him a "guru". You have to have talent to take a big pile of money and make it disappear overnight.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"See this car I stole, dude? Cost $75,000. I don't take anything but the best."

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I remember the HBO Real Sports piece about Dykstra a few years ago, after he'd made (but hadn't yet lost) all his money. He came off as borderline retarded (and I don't mean that in the ironic teenager speech sort of way, but actually clinically retarded).

The best part was when Lenny was showing the reporter (Bernard Goldberg) the different pricing levels at his luxury car washes — single, double, triple and home run (naturally). Goldberg asked, "What's the difference between the double and the home run?"

Dykstra put his hand to the side of his mouth and whispered — on camera, mind you — "just get the double."

8. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This is what happens when Mookie Wilson isn't available to platoon.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

You are kind to call him a borderline retard.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Free Lenny! Donate for his bail!

http://savelenny.com/

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I've got a friend in Meridian that was an all-star in preps and played later with an independent diamond team, the Brakemen, in our hometown. He began a friendship with Lenny when now-jailed player was with in the minors with the Jackson Mets.
    My buddy would do odd jobs for Lenny like driving cars back and forth from Mississippi to places along the east coast where Lenny needed them delivered.
    He always said it was good money and it was always paid on time.

Draft saved Draft deleted