1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the John Edwards verdict is...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, May 31, 2012.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yep, Hondo nailed it.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Just case #1,283,403 of useless Politico stirring the pot, when nobody gives a shit.

Whatta bunch of featherweights.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

On a positive note, we can now stop using photos of John and his daughter Cate entering the courthouse, which dutifully have been run 20 times since the trial started.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I found his post trial speech so self-serving and disgusting. Kept waiting for him to remind us he is the son of a mill worker and that "there are Two Americas!".

I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to New Orleans for a political future. He invested a lot of time there and is super connected after he pretty much held every campaign event in the 9th Ward.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There are two Americas. A small America with jerks like him. And another America for the rest of us.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There are two Americas: the one for those with whom God isn't finished ... and the one for the rest.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

There are Two Americas: One in which John Edwards dies a thousand political deaths for having cheated on his dying wife, and another in which Newt Gingrich just laughs and laughs and laughs.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's a fair point.

I'm not going to argue which person was worse, what they both did was deplorable, but I do wonder if Gingrich gets more of a pass because he's never been portrayed as "the all-american boy" like Edwards was, meaning Edwards had further to fall.

He was also called out publicly by his wife and she did actually die.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think the lovechild is the likely tiebreaker here.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah... That, and a few people have defended Gingrich about whether Wife number whatever was actually dying and who left who and who cares? He's still a douche. Nobody should defend the guy.

Knocking up your mistress while your universally beloved wife is dying is tough to get past.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

On my phone, so I can't do it, but somebody needs to pot the front cover of today's NY Post.

12. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

That's strong.

Draft saved Draft deleted