1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the John Edwards verdict is...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, May 31, 2012.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Still a mystery, at the moment. But we should know very soon. Jury has delivered one.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

makes me wonder how much of this year's campaign donations are going to someone's mistress.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Romney has a mistress, I'm the Messiah.

4. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I am not certain he broke the law, but I hope they send his ass to jail.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's exactly me too. I wouldn't mind "violation of the code of humanity" being the verdict here.

6. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

They apparently have reached a verdict on only one count, and have been sent back to deliberate further on the rest.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Mistrial. Not guilty on count 3.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Know what? Fuck it if he's not guilty. The world knows what a douche he is at this point. Cheating on a wife with cancer with a former disco whore who has suddenly rediscovered herself as some New-Age queen is as low as it gets, even for a personal injury attorney. I think even Dems shudder to think how close this guy could have been to the presidency. Guilty ... not guilty ... who cares? He's a fuckwad for life and everyone knows it.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

We don't agree on much politically, but I think we can all unite around the idea that John Edwards is a hopeless assclown who deserves every bit of karmic shit life can deliver.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, there is that. If memory serves, there was a lot of sentiment at the time along the lines of, "Well, if only that ticket was flipped. I really like that Edwards guy."

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Hondo pretty much nailed it.

Draft saved Draft deleted