1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the Darwin Theory is proven correct again...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 7, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296008,00.html

2. boots

boots New Member

I know meth is illegal and I know about probable cause because of the hang up, but what about illegal search and seizure?

3. if you dial 911, police automatically know where you are calling from--if no one answers the door, they have to assume you might be passed out or otherwise dying and thus unable to open the door...

great link though--excellent example of darwin theory

4. boots

boots New Member

And what is the darwin theory?

5. not sure if you're being serious but basically darwin theory is when someone offs themselves by doing something really dumb (nature weeding out our weakest links). In this case nobody died but he's dumb enough to get an honorary mention....

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

boots left one word out of his sidesaddle sig

it starts with a 'd' and ends in 'umb'

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I didn't think Fox believed in Darwin.

8. boots

boots New Member

That wasn't called for. Your first post of the day is a jab at me. Come on layoff the bs. As a former moderator, you definitely should know better.
    As for the darwin theory, let me get this straight, is this suicide we're talking about?

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

This can't be for real.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Charles Darwin is the father of the school of evolution. In a nutshell, natural selection posits that those species or individuals who possess genetic traits that help them thrive will pass on those genes while those that cannot survive in their environment will die and thus not pass on their genes. The Darwin Awards are given annually to people who do really dumb things (which ususally result in their own deaths) for demonstrating that natural selection is still at work.

One of my favourite Darwin Awards was the one given to a Toronto lawyer who liked to startle visitors by demonstrating the solidity of his office windows on the 30 something floor by throwing himself against the large plate glass window. This was until the last time he did this when the window gave way and he fell to his death on the street below.

11. boots

boots New Member

I'm sure he passed a lot of cuties on his way down. But this theory is something.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Thanks for trying HC. We have a nine-year-old from PS 124 standing by with a copy of "The Origin of Species" to walk boots through it again.

Draft saved Draft deleted