1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

and the award for best performance by a 71-year-old woman goes to...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Dec 22, 2012.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

the fantabulous darlene love, who rocked da house again on 'letterman' this a.m. with my favorite christmas song. hot-damn, if this woman doesn't get inducted into the rock 'n roll hall of fame in '13 i'll be, well, i'll be pissed: http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/video/2320240546/live-on-letterman-darlene-love-s-christmas-2012

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No need to be pissed shockey, she went in in 2011. She's still a powerhouse.

http://rockhall.com/inductees/darlene-love/

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Gets better every year.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

oh, eff me! i coulda sworn i recently read she was still on the outside lookin' in. that's a relief... my heart doesnt need any misdirected tantrums...

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

hope i get to make the same post every year for a loooong time!

6. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I remember a several years ago it seemed like she was going downhill a bit and the Letterman thing wasn't so good. I'm not sure if she wasn't well or what was going on. But the last few years, including last night, have been awesome. She belts it out. ...

Keeping up with a tradition started by a friend of mine many years ago, I make sure to remind everyone I can (usually through Facebook) to watch her Letterman. For me, it's the official start of Christmas (often watched with my wife while drinking brandy slush and wrapping presents).

Draft saved Draft deleted