1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And Put In There That We Really Fell For The Team, Too

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by badmoon, Apr 16, 2008.

1. badmoon

badmoon Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/queens/2008/04/15/2008-04-15_mets_fan_dies_in_escalator_fall_at_shea.html

Just me, or is the cousin's quote about the family being "die-hard" fans a little out of place, all things considered.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Where's Rumple? That story says the cops say there was no horseplay.

3. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

Agreed -- the first one was fine ("He was real excited because this is his favorite team"), the second one not so much.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Wish the reporter would have gotten a little more descriptive. If so many people saw it he could explain how someone could just trip, and fall four stories off an escalator.

I have never been to Shea, so I can't get a picture in my head off how this would happen.

5. ZummoSports

ZummoSports Member

I don't know how u can, but the Daily News had some different facts as everyone else...the NYT said the guy was sliding down the rail and the Post said police were investigating.

Also all other news sources said he fell two stories and the DN had the guy at age 37...everyone else 36...so the News' facts aren't jibing with everything else.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Gotta have venom as Leon Carter would say.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I'm right here. How dare that story say something COMPLETELY different than the others. The NYDN takes the lead in the race to find the truth. So it turns out he fell four stories instead of two. The plot thickens.

Draft saved Draft deleted