1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And now we have Commuter Rage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jun 2, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Woman accuses guy of cutting her off while trying to get on commuter train and throws hot coffee in his face.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/643975

Guy gets second degree burns. She gets suspended sentence

Thejudge accepted a joint recommendation from Heyens and prosecutor Meghan Scott for a suspended sentence, 12 months probation and restitution of $1,500 – part of which will go to the victim.

Court was told Bedford has two grown children and works on the phone in customer service at a pharmaceutical company.

"She deals with people?" asked the judge incredulously.

"She is quite well-known for her ability to deal with people on the phone," Heyens said.

I don't think she she should serve hard time but a suspended sentence?

The guy should sue her.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Community service might have been nice here. But a conviction on your record and restitution is nothing to sneeze at.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'd like to know why the victim doesn't get ALL the restitution money.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ass clown should be forced to pay for all court fees for everyone who had to work at the court that day, and for the guy's injuries.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've been commuting for much of the past 20 years and I spend a lot of time just observing the behaviors and habits of people with whom I share the station, platform and train. I plan to write about commuters someday.

There's something about that trip to or from the office that turns otherwise nice, relatively normal people into absolute savages.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's because they work for this guy.

[​IMG]

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've braved the Union Station morning and afternoon rush hour madness and I'm surprised this kind of shit hadn't happened before. That place is nuts.

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Too many people, living too close together.

Draft saved Draft deleted