1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And now ... the man in the middle, 6-foot-9, from Virginia Union!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

im sorry, GD, i was writing something about another team as i posted that. i meant to say FINALS MATERIAL.

bulls are def a playoff team.

ben is a good get, for sure. this team needed inside toughness. it needed a defensive presence. sure, his blocks aren't what they were, and neither are his boards, but it's also an attitude adjustment for a team that's soft inside.

a lot of 'depending on' stuff in the east.
    miami ... how much more will shaq fall off?
    cleveland ... gooden returning?
    detroit ... how much will it fall?
    bulls ... chandler traded or staying?

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Can someone please explain to me what real offensive skills Ty Thomas has that make him this unbelievable prospect? I loved watching him in the tournament as much as anyone, especially when they knocked out Duke. However, other than incredible leaping skills I don't see much else right now. Obviously, he is really young and could end up developing into a superstar in the future, though, the same could also be said about half of the first round draft picks every year. Marvin Williams was just as young with just as much, if not more, potential when he came out last year and people are already down on him. Now, being a little biased I think he will end up being a pretty good, 15 and 8 guy in the league. The problem is, that if that happens, it won't happen for a few years. The same is going to be true about Ty Thomas, it's going to take him at least a few years to become a good or really good player in the NBA. There is nothing about his offensive game that makes me think he could become an instant contributor, which is what a few people on here have said about him by putting him in the Bulls' core already. Their core is Hinrich, Nocioni, Deng and possibly Gordon. Thomas has to show something before he gets a ton of playing time and becomes part of that group.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Those "Detroit pussies," DyePud, are from the suburbs and NOT Detroit. You saw what the only guy from Detroit did in the brawl. He threw a fuckin' chair.

I'll agree, those pussies that got laid out by O'Neal and Artest are pussies. But call them West Bloomfield pussies or Troy pussies, not Detroit pussies. Just needed to clear that up.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

People saw Thomas jump to the moon, Alice, and block all those shots, and got very excited.

The kid can jump.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That comment was in jest.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lots of Ozzie Guillen-like talk here. Nice. Nice.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Excactly. I wouldn't be caught dead calling anybody from Detroit a pussy. West Bloomfield,Troy, and Flint are the ones filling up the seats.

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I wouldn't exactly call anybody from Flint a pussy, either.

DyePack, no hard feelings.

Draft saved Draft deleted