1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And now ... the man in the middle, 6-foot-9, from Virginia Union!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Jul 3, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

Just need to get rid of the PA guy now.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-troit BAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS-ket-ball.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm going back on my earlier decision to not discuss this any further with you.

1. Okay, the Magic have Dwight Howard. Who else do they have?

2. Yeah, the Raptors are counting on T.J Ford and his bad back to be Steve Nash. That plan couldn't possibly fail.

3. Kidd is on his last legs, Vince remains one of the biggest softies in the NBA and Josh Boone is so good 21 other teams passed on him.

4. I'll give you Yao. But if you're counting on McGrady to stay healthy, it's time for a new approach.

5. I have no response to this. They're the Blazers.

6. Okay, they gave the Spurs a good series. How'd San Antonio do this year? I forget. And Douby and Garcia are the same player.

7. Kobe will never win another championship. I'm going on record with that right now.

8. They better hope so. Pierce isn't getting any younger.

The fact is, the Bulls have a core of 26-and-under players in Hinrich (already one of the best point guards in the NBA; only Nash, Paul and Tony Parker are better -- not Kidd or Bibby, because they can't play defense anymore); Ben Gordon (a dangerous, dangerous shooter); Luol Deng (who's only 20, by the way); Andres Nocioni (who averaged 20 and 10 the last month of the season, including the playoffs); plus Tyrus Thomas (who has superstar potential); Ben Wallace (who still has at least two years of top-notch defensive play left in him); and the Knicks' high lottery pick next season. Let's just say, I'm glad I'm still a Bulls fan and never quit on them when they sucked for five straight seasons.

4. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

you are bulls fan. that says it all.

that's good that you have all those guys. now all you need is a franchise player.

5. JME

JME Member

Not sure what the hell fever dog is watching. The Bulls have a great core. Gordon has star quality, Deng and Hinrich are a hair below All-Star caliber, and Nocioni is quickly becoming a very good player. They have plenty of depth, and adding Wallace to the mix makes them very promising. So what if he's got some tread on him? The rest of the team is young. Most teams rely on at least one veteran.

I'm no Bulls fan, but they are building something very good.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm not drinking the Bulls Kool-Aid, but here's what would be said about anyone who thinks the Craptors are making the playoffs:

"What's wrong with him?"

"My guess would be: A lot."

7. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i am not saying the bulls aren't going to be competive, but every one of their core players is pretty flawed, that's why they rely on their depth.
    in two years, when they still have no franchise player and wallace's contract is weighing them down, things likely won't be pretty.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Who was the Pistons' franchise player when they won the title?

9. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

at no time did i mention the word "playoffs" and raptors. i said future. could be two years, could be three. but their future is bright as hell. they have one of the handful of front office minds who knows what the hell he is doing.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So do the Bulls. Paxson tore down everything Crumbs did and turned the Bulls into a playoff team.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You said the Craptors were definitely better than the Bulls right now. The Bulls just made the playoffs.

12. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i dunno, but i can tell you who the ones were for the other 58 nba champs. if you like your chances at 1-for-59, be my guest. you see the bulls having four all-stars in the next three years -- like the pistons -- do ya?

Draft saved Draft deleted