1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And now, my muscles are seizing from sunburn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Took the family to the beach today. Weather was perfect and it was fun as hell. Nothing like taking young kids to the beach and Mrs. Bubbler had a great time too.

So did everyone else at the beach, because I was shirtless. Based on the agape faces I saw, it was like someone was playing the bass line from Sly & The Family Stone's Thank You For Talking To Me Africa in slow motion as I sauntered through the sand. Meeeowww! :-X :-X :-X

But therein lies the problem. I am sunburn as a motherfucker right now. This is not good because my skin is fair. How fair? If there is a European ancestry that lacks pigment, chances are, it's in my blood. No Scandanavian blood, but I got an honorary degree from The University of Helsinki for my whiteness.

Additionally, I haven't been sunburn on my body in a while, I forgot about the various stages of sunburn pain: the chills, the muscle tightness.

I still haven't totally recovered from my last sunburn, when I spent several hours in Washington D.C. heat back in June. It's like God took a magnifying glass and tried to burn a hole on the crown of my head, so I hope this is just a short-term thing.

Minor pain sucks.
  2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

If you're not blistering, you won't be in bad shape. Just put the aloe vera on and you'll be fine soon. Unfortunately, I have a lot of experience in this area.
  3. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Oh I won't blister. I'm just a pansy.
  4. pallister

pallister Guest

My mom once went to one of my day baseball games -- then spent the next few days unable to get out of bed. Her blisters had blisters. Suck it up, ya sissy.
  5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Somewhere, a Speedway clerk just giggled after making his drop and doesn't know why...
  6. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

While I'm bitching and moaning, walking uphill in sand is hard.
  7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Ah, well then I still feel for you some. Have you ever blistered? It's a bitch. Especially if they tell you they have to cleaned with peroxide or whatever the hell it was. That was a miserable week or so.
  8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Suck it up! You're a bigger wuss than Bryan Clutterbuck!
  9. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

This you, Bubbler?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Naw, this is ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Larry Hisle doesn't associate with wimps.
  12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I got sunburned today, too. But lucky me, it'll turn to a nice golden brown day after tomorrow. [/bragging]
Draft saved Draft deleted