1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And now, my muscles are seizing from sunburn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Took the family to the beach today. Weather was perfect and it was fun as hell. Nothing like taking young kids to the beach and Mrs. Bubbler had a great time too.

So did everyone else at the beach, because I was shirtless. Based on the agape faces I saw, it was like someone was playing the bass line from Sly & The Family Stone's Thank You For Talking To Me Africa in slow motion as I sauntered through the sand. Meeeowww! :-X :-X :-X

But therein lies the problem. I am sunburn as a motherfucker right now. This is not good because my skin is fair. How fair? If there is a European ancestry that lacks pigment, chances are, it's in my blood. No Scandanavian blood, but I got an honorary degree from The University of Helsinki for my whiteness.

Additionally, I haven't been sunburn on my body in a while, I forgot about the various stages of sunburn pain: the chills, the muscle tightness.

I still haven't totally recovered from my last sunburn, when I spent several hours in Washington D.C. heat back in June. It's like God took a magnifying glass and tried to burn a hole on the crown of my head, so I hope this is just a short-term thing.

Minor pain sucks.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

If you're not blistering, you won't be in bad shape. Just put the aloe vera on and you'll be fine soon. Unfortunately, I have a lot of experience in this area.

3. Bubbler

Oh I won't blister. I'm just a pansy.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

My mom once went to one of my day baseball games -- then spent the next few days unable to get out of bed. Her blisters had blisters. Suck it up, ya sissy.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Somewhere, a Speedway clerk just giggled after making his drop and doesn't know why...

6. Bubbler

While I'm bitching and moaning, walking uphill in sand is hard.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Ah, well then I still feel for you some. Have you ever blistered? It's a bitch. Especially if they tell you they have to cleaned with peroxide or whatever the hell it was. That was a miserable week or so.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Suck it up! You're a bigger wuss than Bryan Clutterbuck!

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This you, Bubbler?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Naw, this is ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Larry Hisle doesn't associate with wimps.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I got sunburned today, too. But lucky me, it'll turn to a nice golden brown day after tomorrow. [/bragging]

Draft saved Draft deleted