1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And now for something completely different: Plot holes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Have been visiting the politics board waaaaay too much lately, so I wanted to post something fun, innocuous.
    Writer cites his top eight movie plot chasms in history:
    http://www.cracked.com/article_16625_8-classic-movies-that-got-away-with-gaping-plot-holes.html

Another, not on the list, comes from this summer's Batman. The judge and police commish are being killed, and Bruce Wayne swoops through his party to secret Harvey away and save his life... but, how did he know that Harvey was in danger? Erm... never explained, and implausable that "he heard reports" because it was happening simultaneously.

So, what're your memorable movie gaffes spotted?

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

The fact that Halloween was set in Haddonfield, Ill., but all the plates were California.

Also, Joe Jackson batting right-handed in Field of Dreams.

3. Killick

One hour, one response. Hmm, I thought folks would jump on this one...

So, for me:
    EPIC FAIL

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Who would have ever seen Minority report enough times to notice a plot hole? What a piece of shit that movie was.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

"The Dark Knight" plot has more holes than the Bonnie and Clyde death car. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

6. Killick

God help me, I have the DVD. In my defense, though, it was a Christmas stocking stuffer. But, yeah, I've watched it a couple of times.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I saw it in the theater when it came out and kept waiting for it to get better. Needless to say I was disappointed.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Why the hell did Stephen Falken change his mind in WarGames?

at 10 p.m. he was content to be vaporized in a few hours.

At 10:15, he jumps into his helicopter, picks up David and Jennifer and hightails it to Norad to keep from being vaporized.

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Good one. I think he had a thing for Ally Sheedy. She was a cutie in that movie.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I've seen the beginning over a dozen times - I use it in a class I teach. The idea is a good one, but Speilberg totally cops out of the interesting moral question that makes the movie at all worthwhile by changing the rules at the end.

11. Joe Mac

Joe Mac New Member

Biggest plot hole that was explained when the movie was recut: How Clark Kent got his powers back in Superman II. If you watch the Richard Donner Cut you see how.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Just read it, and he's mostly wrong about the alleged plot holes in MR.

Draft saved Draft deleted