1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And More Super Bowl Trivia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Feb 2, 2013.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Nothing too challenging here IMO. In the spirit of competition try to guess and if you have to go to Wikipedia or another site please keep the answer to yourself for others to guess. Thanks for playing!

I Two Super Bowls were played turnover free. Name them.

II Which player has the most interceptions in a Super Bowl contest? Rod Martin with three

III Not counting Super Bowl XLVII there have been six players that have played in a record five Super Bowls. Name them. Actually a bunch of guys have played in five and some have appeared in six. The question should have ready which six have STARTED five Super Bowls. My fault. (The answer to that was Tom Brady, John Elway, Charles Haley, Cornelius Bennett, Adam Vinatieri and Matt Light).

IV Which quarterback has the most passing attempts in a Super Bowl? (Name the player and the Super Bowl)

V Which player has the longest fumble return in a Super Bowl game? (Name the player and the Super Bowl) Leon Lett in Super Bowl XXVII...64 yards and nothing to show for it.

VI Name the first quarterback to complete 30 passes in a Super Bowl. (Player and game)

VII And as a harder follow up name the only Super Bowl to feature two quarterbacks that had 30 or more completions. (Super Bowl and teams)

VIII Who was the last rusher(s) to rush for 100 yards in a Super Bowl? (There were two 100-yard rushers in this game, so pick the one from the winning team)

IX Who holds the record for longest field goal in Super Bowl history? (Name the player and the distance of the kick.) Steve Christie is the player, guess the yardage

X Name the longest pass play in Super Bowl history. (I want the QB, the receiver, the yards covered and the Super Bowl) Jake Delhomme to Mushin Muhammad for 85 yards in SB XXXVIII

XI Two players hold the Super Bowl record for most sacks in a game, name them. (Give me the Super Bowl too please) Reggie White and ???

XII Name the only official to work four Super Bowls as head referee. Jerry Markbreit

2. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

X. Longest pass was Delhomme to Muhammad for 85 yards in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

XII Jerry Markbreit

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Reggie White is half of number 11

Charles Haley, Tom Brady and John Elway all played in five Super Bowls. Can't think of the other three.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Didn't Mike Lodish play in six Super Bowls? Four with Buffalo and then two with Denver?

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

IX might be Steve Christie of the Bills. He had a 50-plus yarder in Game 2 against the Cowboys, whatever the hell number that was.

7. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Preston Pearson is another.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Bill Romanowski played in five.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Correct, I did not form my question correctly. It was the six guys who <b>started</b> five super bowls. My fault. I'll just throw that question out.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'll take a flyer on Rod Martin for II and Leon Lett for V

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Which beloved, handsome and witty SJ poster was born hours before the first Super Bowl (although of course it wasn't actually called the Super Bowl yet)?

Draft saved Draft deleted