1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

... and more HS principal assholery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, May 29, 2011.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

No site there, but thanks for caring :D

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

This is where the whole public educational system has jumped the tracks.

Need a superintendent that will make some rules and have some teeth. As one Army sargeant famously said "You have what rights we say you have. Nothing more."

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, except education isn't the military and kids don't give up their rights when they go to a public school.

This idea that school administrators can enact draconian arbitrary rules and regulations because they are in charge is, well, ludicrous

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Sounds like perfect practice for the real world work environment.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

But kids --- and their parents --- are spoiled and waaaaaay out of bounds. It's not like carrying a cell phone 24/7 or having a light sabre fight in the cafeteria are rights, for heaven's sake.

I just wonder, do students today get up and walk out of class on a whim? We had to ask permission to leave class even to use the restroom. Does that happen anymore?

Hell, when I was in HS, if we were told not to wear jeans to school, we didn't wear jeans. Not go out and make some federal case about our "rights" being violated. I suppose some moron could claim it is their right to carry guns as well. But you can't run a school, or any other sort of institution that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted