1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And Kevin Spacey goes to my boycott list.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Check out Amnesty International and see how they feel about Chavez"

http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGAMR530032004?open&of=ENG-VEN

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

How is this different?

[​IMG]

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

[​IMG]

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Coffee is for closers only.

[​IMG]

5. Boom_70

You have all convinced me to revisit my position on Chavez. The more I have drilled down beyond rhetoric he seems like a great guy who really wants to just help his people.

6. It's actually quite similar, in that both Putin and Chavez were democratically elected at one point but have steadily worked to consolidate power, silence opposition and ensure a perpetual presidency.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I had to go to work, so I never got to answer IJAG.
    Pompano nailed it above.
    And, yes, Cranberry, Hugo has shut down a TV station that didn't toe his line.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/28/AR2007052800161.html

A dictator is a dictator is a dictator.
    Why does Spacey even want to do business with this clown?

9. ATLienCP

ATLienCP Member

The guy is a ass but I don't see Americans accusing other Americans of self hatred when businessman/politician X meets with Saudi leaders. Its a one way street when people get accused of hating America.

10. No, don't you guys get it? Bush is just as bad as Chavez is!

Idiots.

Chavez is Castro 2.0. Except he's got a lot more oil.

11. Boom_70

12. And we've twisted our domestic politics into a knot over Castro for 50 years and it's produced nothing except a shortage of good cigars.
    I would cite the 2008 Olympics as a considerably more important example than Kevin Spacey's meeting Hugo Chavez on the why-do-we-do-business-with-the-likes-of-them? front, but I wouldn't want to piss off the dictators to whom President Stupid has sublet our economy.

Draft saved Draft deleted