1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And Kevin Spacey goes to my boycott list.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 25, 2007.

1. ATLienCP

ATLienCP Member

He is just doing his patriotic duty to expose the idiots that like to say American citizen Y hates America. Its a job that needs to be done. The bar needs to be set quite a bit higher when accusing someone of hating their country. It leads down dark paths.

2. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Because poor people aren't important.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe Chavez is Keyser Soze.

4. The best trick the devil ever pulled was selling poor people heating oil.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Or maybe Chavez stole the Glengarry leads.

6. I don't care about Chavez's anti-US statements. But I do think it's unbecoming of Spacey to give (apparent) support to an authoritarian madman who is crushing dissent, violating human rights, suppressing democracy, cracking down on the media and leading his country to economic ruin.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

but gas sells for 11 cents in Venezuela. Everyone is happy.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why stop at Chavez? Let's start doing business with Castro, Jong and even Bin Laden.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Can you provide an example of one of these things even?

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I asked this after Penn's visit and shockingly never got an answer. So again:

What point is Spacey making with this visit? Has he always wanted to see Venezuela? Does he feel he represents Americans who want a friendlier relationship with Venezuela? Was it simply a matter of being paid a mint to do photo ops with Chavez?

I just don't get what the point is these Hollywood dudes think they're making by visiting with Hugo Chavez.

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

OK.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Hugo's parties are off the hook! From what I've heard......his bashes make the Playboy mansion look like Chuck E Cheese

Draft saved Draft deleted