1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And he was doing so well -- reporter drops a C-word on Rogers Sportsnet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery_Meat, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And not crap, either.

NSFW (duh)

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Ouch.

And I thought it was going to be the 'other' C word...

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's a corksucker of a surprise... suminabatching icehole.
    Does censorship violate his fargging right?

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Certainly Tiffany Million would be familiar with that "c" word he uttered.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Somewhere there's an editor who should be in deep, deep shit.

That wasn't live. That was a taped standup that he screwed up and started over, but the editor didn't bother to look at what they were cutting and laid down the whole thing.

The reporter will probably get in trouble for this, and while it's never particularly smart to commit the word "cocksucker" to tape, it's really not his fault it aired.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

See, I think it was live, but he THOUGHT it was being taped for later. That's how it looked to me.

7. PCLoadLetter

He was taping what is known as a "look live." It's designed to look like a live report but it's really on tape.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Right, I get that. It's hard to tell without seeing the beginning. I've found the live live ones are the ones where there's a pause before they start talking, because there's a delay between the studio throwing to them and them starting.

I just find it hard to believe that WAS edited. That's not a slight mistake like it slipped into the middle of a sentence. That was all alone, and I find it hard to believe ANYONE was asleep enough to let it go on edit.

9. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I think there will be a parade through the streets of Calgary if Roger Millions is finally off the air.

10. PCLoadLetter

It happens now and then because the editor will find the "in point" of the edit where the guy starts talking, then scan quickly ahead to the "out point" where he signs off, then make the edit without actually watching what he's just done.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

"bugger and balls"

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

First, that's not the C-word I was expecting.

Second, it's entirely his fault if he uses that word with a camera on him. To put it on someone else is to be the writer who says "the desk should have caught that."

Draft saved Draft deleted