1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

... And Baby Makes 19!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Or, she's like a fish and doesn't feel pain in certain areas.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hell, they probably just keep the epidural in.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, no, not that, I was asking about how much energy they use... ;)

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Apparently they're not getting the coveted boots seal of approval.

I wonder (and if it seems like I'm trying to stir the pot, I kinda apologize but what the fuck, it's a discussion board) if part of the issue is they're pretty outwardly Christian. Not that I'm saying that people are pissing on them only because they're Christian, but they're homeschooling and talk about God's plan1 for their lives, and that can be a firestarter of a comment on this board. I will admit the matching outfits creep me out2, but at least from what I've seen they have a earnest manner about them and they think they're doing right by their Lord. And as long as the kids aren't being molested/abused/neglected, or they're an undue burden on the state, what's the harm?

1 -- I'm no big fan of talking about "God's plan". Not that I don't think He has one for me, or for anyone else on Earth, but there's a big difference between knowing it and assuming a specific plan based on what they want. Most people I've talked to who bring that up, oddly enough, have a "plan from God" that lines up with what they want to do anyway. Which is certainly possible in this case. But even if they're wrong about what He wants, they're not hurting anyone by trying to procreate a high school track and field team.

2 -- I remember Michael Lewis noted this phenomenom in Trail Fever, his book about the 1996 presidental campaign. He said the idea of wearing non-uniform clothing in a uniform style is intimidating, which he discovered while encountering the Nation of Islam at Tupac Shakur's hospital room in Las Vegas.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Actually, it's quite small. They use the children to turn the gristmill. And the whole house is powered by static electricity.

6. boots

boots New Member

I'm sure she has taken it up the old Hershey Highway a time or two or maybe 19.

7. three_bags_full

I'd bet my next paycheck they go au naturale.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Meat --

I'll make an opposing case. While many of us value personal freedom to the utmost, one can make a fairly strong case that having THAT many children is ethically indefensible, given the surging population of the world and the strain it is placing on both natural resources and human institutions.

I'm not the one who's going to do it here, but that case can be made, and is made, regardless of the religion of the breeders.

9. three_bags_full

I can just see 17 kids walking around in wool socks on shag carpet, sticking a finger in a socket here, and there, to get some juice.

Thanks. I needed that laugh.

10. boots

boots New Member

She definitely ain't no virgin. I wonder if her daughters are.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're probably right. I find that to be the case with most 40-year-old devoutly religious mothers of 19.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

STAY ON TOPIC!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.