1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

... And Baby Makes 19!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And so they home school all these kids? Boy, mom really gets a break, doesn't she.

I bet pops sells the beejezus out of real estate just to get out of the house.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

If the family is happy and healthy and not a drain on the state, who cares how many kids they have?

Full disclosure: I'm one of 10 children in my family - five boys and five girls.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To me they are a bit offputting because they seem to parade around their big family all the time. Like the Osmonds times four.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

That, I can agree with. Have all the kids you want, but don't treat your family like it's a circus.

Then again, the Discovery Channel is probably paying them big bucks for the privilege of following them around, so, why not?

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I have no issue with their having a small county's worth of kids. If the parents are consenting and can provide (emotionally and economically) for their children, what's the harm?

Also, according to the article, that one kid's name is actually Jinger, which makes no more sense than Jigger. Plus it throws away my joke about how they used Biblical names except for during their very brief Jay-Z period.

6. boots

boots New Member

At least we know she's fucking.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What on earth is your problem? I don't know anything about these people, but for all of the anti-judgmentalism we usually see around here for just about any type of behavior, this is what you decide offends you? Are they asking you for money? Who are you to tell them how many kids thay can have? Which one would you suggest returning? For any of the parents who participated, could you imagine being told you had too many? I don't think I've ever played the nanny role before on any distasteful threads, but what's wrong with you all?

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

"Her vagine hangs loose like wizard's sleeve." [/borat]

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I see absolutely no problem with this. They feel they're called by God to have children, so let them. They've got the money and love necessary, and have made it work. I applaud them.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What are the details of that? Please tell me that there are 2-3 teachers coming in a few times a week to work with these kids, and that Mom is not home-schooling children from age 4 to 17. That's insane.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's kinda judgmental on your part, Guy.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know. Story says they were speaking at some home school conference, so I assume they are practicioners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.