1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ancient history that makes me feel warm inside

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

To use a Politics board favorite:

IF

I'm fully prepared to add Matt Ryan to the hate list.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

When I first saw the "Ancient history" title, I thought this was going to be about the Christians and the lions.

Back then the lions won

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Exceedingly well played.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

With one of the Williams twins out, Michael Turner's got a good shot to make the list.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I dont think Rosie would send him to his room. For all its success, the 98 Vikings were poster children to abject fail.
    I remember visiting my parents at Christmas that year, walking through the MOA and seeing shirts trumpeting the success, reading and listening to all the cloying, shameless boosterism (Including a parody of the song "Unbelievable" by Diamond Rio called "undefeatable.")
    There's no way that team should have lost -- save one. Denny Green.

6. Jar of Flies

Jar of Flies Member

[​IMG]

DAMN! (pounds fist on table)

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That moon shot won't land for a while. Impressive ...

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Back at the time, I thought the Vikings were one of the great teams to ever come along. In hindsight, I should have known that no team with Dennis Green, Randall Cunningham, Cris Carter and Randy Moss would make it to the Super Bowl. Somewhere along the way, they would find a way to screw it up. And, sure enough, that's what happened.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Was that their last championship?

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And for Vikings fans, a reminder that at least one Andersen got done that day ;D

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

And what could have been one of the great Super Bowls ever became an epic snoozefest and a nice, easy road to retirement for Elway.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, I'm sure the Vikings, who choked away the NFC championship game at home, would have put up quite a fight in the Super Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted