1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ancient history that makes me feel warm inside

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

NFL Network is replaying the telecast of the 1998 NFC Championship game right now.

After the Falcons tied the game, the Vikings had 49 seconds and all of their timeouts to work with to let one of the greatest offenses of all-time show their stuff. What do they do? Randall Cunningham dicks around on a scramble and they take one shot at a bomb to Randy Moss that was Scud-like in its accuracy before taking a knee with 30 seconds left and two of their timeouts left on the board!

That never ceases to amaze me. Dennis Green, you're a glorious dumb ass, AND I LOVE YOU FOR IT!

Metrodome fans are booing like hell on the telecast. If I had a time machine, I'd put on a Packers jersey, and somehow beam myself into the Metrodome at just that moment.

I would not be on a mission of gloating, no, I'd be on a mission of mercy to make sure as many Vikings fans as possible spewed forth with the biggest, loudest, most passionate boos of their lives to make sure they got their money's worth for one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen a coach make. A decision that would ultimately keep the Vikings Super Bowl win-free to this day.

After that, I'd spike someone's viking horn, tip over Ragnar's Harley, kick a random Purple People Eater in the balls, and then I'd gloat. :D

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You're a dick. And Dennis Green is even worse.

"Bubbler is who we thought he was!"

3. Bubbler

Hey man, don't kill the messenger, I just chronicle the fail.

4. Big Circus

Just go ahead and say it..."Nate Poole." You know you want to. I'm going to go put my head in the oven.

5. Bubbler

Nah. I'm like Tony Montana. I won't do the inevitable ... someone else will ride in like Manny and do it for me.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

That was a great game. Epic chokes are always good fun.

7. Big Circus

Gary Fucking Anderson.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

The highest-scoring offense in NFL history at the time (right?) should never have the biggest game of the year come down to the kicker. That game was lost before Anderson put foot to ball on that ill-fated attempt.

9. Big Circus

Oh, most definitely. Not going to lie - I'm waiting to see just how the Vikings will fuck this one up. I have a bad feeling that some Giants are going to join my most-hated list in just over a week.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Y'all might as well go ahead and go to your room. Rosie will be along soon enough.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Well, BC, if they beat Atlanta, the Giants game won't matter. If Tarvaris Jackson doesn't revert to being Tarvaris Jackson for one more week, the Vikings will be fine. Until the playoffs, when they'll lose at home in the wild card round.

12. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Rosie's gone.

Draft saved Draft deleted