1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anchor hangs herself after legal issues hits the news - not Alicia Lane

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not seeing any either.

If any of the anchor's family or friends read this thread, I'm sorry for their loss. But speculating about how she totaled $600 worth of groceries is natural for a group of curious newspaper types.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I forgot how awesome Supermarket Sweep is. I'm watching an episode now. This needs to be back on the air. Now.

3. Yep, and all I said was she was going down a dangerous path and wasn't going to be stopped even if the tv station hadn't broadcast her alleged activity.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Waiting for an example of a cruel joke ...

5. Well, yeah, but that's just the way Mike is.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's what my college adviser -- a published, female author in the field of gender equality -- told this woman after I kept making sexist jokes.

(
    and
    .)

7. I've never seen this show. The looks on the second pairings faces on Part 3 made me think this was a parody. Can't believe it's real.

8. If you start asking for them, they'll come pretty quickly, I'd think.
    But I agree, none yet.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If you ever saw "Up Close and Personal" with Robert Redford and Michelle Pfeiffer, you know 43 is pretty much the end of the line for most female anchors in the biz.

She was holding her own nicely against Father Time. But she couldn't beat her demons. Sad story.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, it's real, my friend. And I consumed many dinners while watching that show unfold.

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

The grandson of some friends of my parents hanged himself recently. My mom told me, "Jonathan hung himself." My first thought? It's hanged, not hung. I had to bite my tongue. I am a horrible human being.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That movie is one of my guilty pleasures. So so bad...so so good.

Draft saved Draft deleted