1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Analysis: The "Hating Game" with Barry Bonds

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If the answer is "none at all," then, I'm sorry, but the hysteria (and the criminal trials) have been a waste of time and money.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It all makes me want to return to a simpler day, when all we had to worry about was Yankees pitchers trading wives and families. ::)

3. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Well, history suggests the answer won't be none at all.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

oh that takes me back. awwwww, the good old days.

5. creamora

creamora Member

The adverse effects of steroids have been greatly overstated. There is no data showing causation of any type of adverse effects when used at appropriate dosages.
    It's simply propaganda. Lyle Alzado did not die from steroids. His own doctor has even publically said so. There may a very small amount of data showing an association with some adverse health effects, but no strong correlations and certainly no data showing causation. When used in moderation, steroids are relatively safe. Anyone who says anything differently simply does not know what they are talking about. Do a search on Dr.Norman Fost and see that he has to say regarding the issue. The haters on this issue are simply uninformed.

6. creamora

creamora Member

Props to Bonds. 740 and on the move. Howyalikeit?

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Bonds now tied for the NL HR lead with 6.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And.......... he's still an asshole.

9. creamora

creamora Member

Some may think you're as asshole as well. Bonds likely has a great deal more talent.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Barry's an asshole. That has a lot more to do with why people hate him than any substances he may or may not have put into his body.

Dontrelle Willis has a lot more talent than me, yet I adore him. Perhaps because he's NOT an asshole.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, but I'm smarter than the president of the United States.

And you're just some dicksnort posting on his cellphone.

12. creamora

creamora Member

Bonds will likely break the home run record whether haters think he's an asshole or not. Hate on. The greater the adversity, the greater the accomplishment. You don't have to like him to respect his talent and accomplishments. Bonds is a great baseball player and nobody here can deny that fact. It must be frustrating to hate Bonds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.