1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An SJ.com tradition unlike any other: guess Nantz' corny championship game line!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by suburbia, Apr 4, 2010.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Nantz might not get properly fired up in big moments, but I shudder to think what the call on that closing sequence would've sounded like had it come from Joe Buck.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Nantz was bad in this game, and I'm usually a big fan.

I couldn't believe the part where he was talking about Academic all-Americans, how there's only 15 out of 4,000 D-I players and two were in this game--and neither played for Duke! Asinine stuff.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

A game can be great without being technically outstanding.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Gus would still be in a coma right now if he was doing the game.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

On the plus side, I thought Kellogg was very good. We all know how insufferable Billy Packer would have been in a Duke vs. midmajor.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Clark Kellogg was quite good. Seemed to be a very nice, easygoing gentleman off the court that parallels his announcing style.

But picking nits, he mentioned that a Butler player would have a foot speed advantage on Brian Zoubek in the opening minutes of the game. Unintentional comedy as most of us on this board have a foot speed advantage over Zoubek.

Billy Packer might not have made it given that Butler was showing that a school not in a power conference could play with anyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted