1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An SJ.com tradition: Favorite Halloween candy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

It seems like every year we have a big, long thread discussing the good, the bad and the great Halloween candy.

I just returned from Costco with a massive load of the sweet stuff. Milky Ways, Twizzlers, Peanut M&Ms, Reese's Cups, Butterfingers, etc. My theory is to have only the stuff I want to eat when it's leftover and I like having a very colorful assortment.

No dum-dum suckers, tootsie rolls or toothbrushes allowed in my offerings.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Idaho,
    I personally like the One Hundred Thousand dollar bar.

3. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Twix, 3Musketeers, and Snickers at our house.

The 100 Grand candy bar doesn't get the props it deserves.

[​IMG]

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Not a bad choice.

I remember a few years ago when we lived in a different part of town. Karl Malone and the Utah Jazz owner lived about 10 blocks (and $10M) up the hill from us. But we went to their houses and they gave out the king sized candy bars. Not the tiny snack size or even the full size. But the double sized candy bars.

Now, my next door neighbor is really popular. He works for Frito-Lay and gives out the Big Grab bags of chips.

5. Our house gives out tchotkes, not candy. Laugh if you want, but we get repeat customers by the boatload.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Snickers, Milky Way and Butterfingers.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like Twizzlers but for some reason the trick-or-treat size Twizzlers aren't as good as the real thing.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Tell the truth, you hand out condoms to the little kiddies.
    ;)

9. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Well, what kind of tchotkes, for god's sake. You can't just throw that out there.

10. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Aloha pens? Petoskey stones? Bette Page stuff?

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Funny you mention the Mailman and friends, Ides. ... My dad and uncle (who lived across the street) both work for Little Debbie. Those were two of the most popula houses in town when we'd give out full-size Little Debbies every Halloween. Usually Oatmeal Creme Pies or Star Crunches.

Man I was spoiled as a kid.

12. the_rookie

the_rookie Member

Oh hungry? Oh Henry!

Draft saved Draft deleted