1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An offensive situation

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Mar 27, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

I know this has happened to many of you out there and I'd like to know how you handled it. I was in a store and there was a confrontation between two people, one African American, the other white. Nothing happened far more than words being exchanged. No slurs whatsoever. When the black guy left the store, somebody said something to the effect of "Money and education doesn't change the fact that he's still a n-word." A few people began laughing and the clown who said it looked straight at me as if I was supposed to laugh and support his statement.
    I'd like to know how you would've handled it.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I would have shaken my head in disgust and walked out immediately. Can't abide blind hatred like that.

3. I would have fucked said person in the ass, then started a thread about it. But that's just me.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

One you've had racist, you never go back.

5. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Oh, Andy!

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

boots,

you seem to get into more racially charged situations than anyone I know. perhaps if you took the robe and hood off you would have avoided the scene entirely.

7. boots

boots New Member

If you live in Amerikkka and not under a rock, you'll see the underbelly of what this country is. It's not a very pretty sight. I reside in a multi-cultural area.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Raise your hand if you thought this would be about taking charge in the backyard.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

OK, then.

An apt retort would be while looking back at the guy:

"No doubt there are assholes of all races."

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Please tell me you're black. Because a white guy trying to drop Amerikkka into posts like he's been infused with the disembodied spirit of Eazy-E is just WRONG.

11. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

[​IMG]

12. rallen13

rallen13 Member

I guess that's why alleyallen and I are related. I would do the same thing; shake my head and walk out.
    Don't know if alley remembers it, but one night when he was just a tyke, we had to stop at a drugstore to pick up a prescription and Mr. Redneck with his shotgun in the window, his dip between his cheek and gum, and the shit firmly crusted on his boots was giving the young African-American girl behind the counter holy hell about something totally out of her control. As he stepped away and I went to the counter, she looked like she was ready to cry. I smiled and said something funny to her to make her smile. The dude heard me and said that it didn't sound like I liked the way he had talked to her. I said nothing to him but went on with my business. He said he would meet me outside. All I could do was tell him that I would be leaving when I finished my business.
    He wasn't outside, which didn't bother me, thank God, but it didn't surprise me, either. Those kind usually are often part of a tough gang, but usually only tough when they are in a gang.

Draft saved Draft deleted