1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An interesting read

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SCEditor, Feb 15, 2007.

1. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I hope henry gave you permission to write that. If he did, everything's OK.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

vescey henry did not say he was the first to write it.

he didn't make that claim.

3. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

imitation is flattery.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Editor's note: The following post contains my own personal thoughts, though I am not the first (or last) person to write or think them.

Vescey blows goats.

Also, once again, the real Henry Hecht is going to be furious if he ever finds out that "henryhecht" has plagiarized his name and is now using it on a message board to defend lazy plagiarism.

But to review, let us not forget, Vescey blows goats.

Editor's note: This concludes my post, and the things that (for now) I am claiming that I am the first person to write, though certainly not think.

5. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

i will explalin this again:

Henry Hecht was the former baseball writer in NY.

henryhecht (no space) was a 16th-century croatian composer.

two different names. how difficult is that?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

My next name will be georgesolomon, but it won't be after the Post's former SE, but some guy from Frankfort, Kentucky who once did something kinda interesting.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. I remember that composer guy. He pilfered some of Mozart's best stuff.

8. Double Down

It would be fine if you hadn't written previously on SportsJournalists.com that picking "henryhecht" name was a tribute to the former baseball writer in NYC.

But quick, here is your chance to prove me wrong, and just know that if you cheat, you'll go to hell.

Without using Google, tell me something this little known 16th century composer henryhecht, like, composed.

And if you look it up on the internet first, or crack a book, your karma will be fucked for life.

9. Double Down

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Time's up, maestro!

Do you have an answer for us?

(Wait, can you hang on a minute, I have to take a call from my friend danlebatard, this guy curly-haired guy I went to high school with who is always kissing athletes asses and bragging that he spoke Spanish.)

10. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Usually agree, Spnited, but not here. If Vecsey, a 20/30 year vet is taking crib notes from a blogger and using them ... how do we know others in the industry aren't doing the same? It's just another reason to not open the newspaper. I actually love Vecsey and have said so on the site.

After this ... I'm not asking myself if I know hoops better than he does ... but what's the point of reading the guy if I can get the same thing off some blog that follows the Lakers on a nightly basis? How many times has Vecsey seen the Lakers? A handful? In person, maybe once (if he went to the Swamp).

I think embarrassed is the perfect word. Surprised this didn't make Romenesko.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, if you love Vecsey your credibility is shot anyway.

Sure. Why read a guy in the paper who makes crap up or goes with rumors hoping something will stick and make him look plugged in when you can read a fan blog and get the same BS?

12. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

The fan blog watches the games. Probably even goes to them. For better or worse, lives for them.

If Vecsey ain't writing about the Knicks or Nets, I'll pass.

Draft saved Draft deleted