1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An interesting comparison

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Aug 29, 2011.

1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

As far as political satire goes I thought this was fairly entertaining...the old "Obama vs. a sack of hammers" debate. Before you lefties get all in a twist, remember...this is SATIRE. I would like to see a "Bush vs. sack of hammers" debate as well. Maybe I should write one.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If I disagree with someone's policies, he must be either dumb, a bad person, or some combination thereof.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

An interesting comparison indeed. Thank you for bringing it up in non-partisan fashion, as it is an extraordinary news event that demands our attention and an exception to the "No Politics" edict.
  4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

No problem. God forbid someone skate around the "no politics" edict. For instance, a thread bashing Rick Perry can float because he is the favorite to win the Republican nomination. Never mind the majority of the thread is ripping into him...it is NEWS, damnit!
  5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You keep saying it's "ripping" Rick Perry, when that's pretty far from what it's doing. If you're acting this way now, more than a year before the election, we won't be talking anything about it in 2012.
  6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Timeout...I am the one that is "acting" badly? Is it JUST me? Far be it from me to individually threaten any mention of politics here. Does one person really hold this much steam? I know the poor liberals on here are probably tired of getting picked on and piled on...I sincerely apologize for such unruly behavior.
  7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to get in trouble for this, but...Could you be a bigger baby? The biggest problem with politics on this board is people like you who can dish it out but cannot take it -- on both sides of the political spectrum. You take your shots, but go whining and running to the moderators when you get them back.

Seriously, I'm embarrassed to be a righty when I see this act.
  8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I'm not running to anyone...wtf are you talking about? I am more than willing to take "shots" back...I think you are misguided. Many people whine about the rules on these boards...I am not one of them.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You spelled "uninteresting" wrong.
  10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, plus threads like this are so unnecessary. In ideal world, we wouldn't have a bunch of idiots on here who can't keep their emotions under control when certain topics come up. But that isn't the case. So anyone who starts a thread such as this -- or similarly, the one the other day pulling a clip of Obama from several years ago, meant to start an argument -- is simply trying to be inflammatory. There is no other reason. It's not news. And everyone knows the response it is going to get, including the person who started the thread.

It's because of that -- and the responses it gets from people who are equally lame, and can't just walk away and not take the bait every time someone tries to bait them with this "righty," "lefty" nonsense -- that we are probably going to end up with a firm no politics enforcement on here again, and the people who drove it to that gone from the board.

And it's too bad, because political subjects should be able to be discussed intelligently on here heading into a presidential election year. But how can we, when the level of discourse a dozen or so people bring to the board is so juvenile?
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Active Member

Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr. Poopy Pants?

12. JR

JR Active Member

Whatever this is, it's not satire.

Priest "Are you offended as a Jewish person?"

Seinfeld: "No, I'm offended as a comedian".

Embarrassingly unfunny
Draft saved Draft deleted