1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Inconvenient Truth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff Gluck, Jun 10, 2006.

1. He'd probably want to go to Remingtons

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Lou,
    You need to fix the red x in your sig

3. You see a red x? I see the picture

4. HeadFirst

HeadFirst Member

Well, there's another inconvenient truth for you. Survey says: Red X.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

What a jackass. Is not Harvard Yard in your backyard, retard?

Lou, what else is on your summer reading list besides the late Gould's work? Lord of the Flies? Animal Farm?

Try Gould's Dinosaurs in a Haystack sometime next month. Collection of essays ranging from the uber-scientific to a breakdown of Jurassic Park. Too bad he won't be around to append your Bush Republicans to the list.

7. The last paragraph is just inches from actual English.
    You very plainly dragooned Gould into some strange conception of what a theory actually is. Now, you're tossing the names on your reading list around again like magic beans.
    Calll someone else names.

8. Bite me mister do as I say.

JR mentioned evolution and I related something to my friend JR about a book I was reading.

And as I've said before - you can kiss my ass you pompous jackass.

9. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

(I don't respond to any political threads around here. But I'll offer this, sign off and let others discuss. Christy is well-regarded among climatologists ... and certainly more informed on global warming than a former Tennesseean employee)

http://www.uah.edu/News/newsread.php?newsID=291

Even with a recent data correction that added tropical warming to the dataset, however, the satellite data still shows that the tropical atmosphere has warmed by only 0.19 C — just over one-third of a degree Fahrenheit — in 27 years.

Recent research (Esper et al., 2005) that looked at temperature trends over similar periods of time going back more than 1,000 years found the probability that a few cases experienced that much warming in such a short time, Christy said. "It would be fairly rare to have this much warming all from natural causes, but it has happened. What we’ve seen isn’t outside the realm of natural climate change."

And this is from www.npr.org:

Christy is a respected climatologist, but he's also a maverick who argues that global warming isn't a problem worth worrying about. His major contribution has been to analyze millions of measurements from weather satellites, looking for a global temperature trend. He's found almost no sign of global warming in the satellite data, and is confident that forecasts of warming up to 10 degrees in the next century are wrong.

10. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Can't you guys just all see the movie first and THEN argue about it?

11. One of us saw the movie.
    One of us won't.

UPDATE -- Of course, this administration, as always, is devoted to the disinterested pursuit of scientific truth.
    http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2006/06/11/nasa-admits-deutsch-muzzled-scientist/

Draft saved Draft deleted