1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An ice cream rant (or: Turns out they're ALL Baskin-Robins of fail)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

As good as Cold Stone is, I prefer Graeter's. It absolutely kicks ass.

And for those old school Louisvillians on here, it looks like Ehrler's is making a retail comeback. Only bad thing is, you'll have to come out to Valley Station for it. Is the trip to mulletville worth it for you?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The first time I read this, I thought it said hot fudge sauce, and I thought 'why would that be surprising?' Then I reread it, and nearly vomited.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream is so scrumptuous.

Too bad most of you cannot experience Pinky's chain of ice cream stands. There is a birthday cake flavour and no word of a lie, there are big pieces of cake in the ice cream. It is so yummy.

No Baskin Robbins here, they shut them all down :'(

4. And what's the deal with sugar cones?
    Have they been outlawed?
    Banned?
    The DQ doesn't have them.
    None of the local ice cream shoppes here, all of which suck anyway, also don't carry sugar cones.
    What gives?

5. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Meat, have you no B&J's shops hear you? They'd surely make the list.

They once had a dark chocolate/orange flavor of the month that was incredible.

Even their Cherry Garcia pre-made cones, at your local grocer, are tops.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Funny you mention B&J's. We're getting one about a mile from my house, so I'll add that to the list in short order. The ice cream shops are the only ones that still carry Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz!

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

Meat:

If it makes you feel better, John Robbins, the heirs of two of the founders, is one of the leading advocates for vegetarian lifestyles in his book "Diet for a New America"

If it doesn't make you feel better, go to the supermarket and get Haagen Daaz or Ben & Jerry's.

8. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

Coldstone's watermelon sorbet is a very good choice. If any of you guys are from up North, Ricky's ice cream is pretty good. Their cake batter and moose tracks are awesome.

Baskin Robbins just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I think I've given up on BR and Haagen Daaz these days.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

I haven't had ice cream in forever, but tonight, after having dinner with my mom, I decided to give myself a birthday treat -- a chocolate/vanilla Dove bar.

It was damn good.

Carry on.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

And that's some mighty fine rantin' there, Meat. They just put one of those combination B&R/Dunkin' Donuts up the road from my house. I'd much rather have a Brusters/Krispy-Kreme.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

At this moment I'm having vanilla ice cream. Doesn't matter what brand because I've poured a ton of Bailey's on top.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Hit a Ben & Jerry's with the fiancee three weeks ago. Got two scoops of the super chocolate fudge chunk in the sugar cone.

Draft saved Draft deleted