1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Evangelical Manifesto

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, May 9, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I should know better than to expect this thread to dissolve into a bloodbath, but hopefully there will be some intelligent discussion mixed in.

The actual document is found here.

For those who don't hang out much in evangelical circles, you may be surprised to know that this issue has been quietly brewing for some time now. I know speaking personally that while I still tend to think conservative, I have been a lot less inclined to fall in lockstep with the GOP line the past 3-4 years. And I strongly feel like American Christianity has become so distracted by politics and in-your-face pronouncements that we have failed mightily in our true calling.
  2. OTD

OTD Active Member

Thanks for posting that link. I don't agree with all the beliefs stated in the Manifesto, but it's good to see a thoughtful effort like that, especially where it deals with respecting the rights and beliefs of others.
  3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm pretty sure this is a D_B from last week. But I can't find the other thread.

Here we go:

Draft saved Draft deleted