1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An ESPN NASCAR hire

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

They have a CEO opening that I hear is promising. Screw the pooch enough and the board will pay you $210 million to go away.

Even with a backed-up spigot, the Moddy Pipeline has a better track record than that, so you've got that going for you, which is nice. ;-)

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

To keep doing some of Michigan, they'd obviously have to use someone else for races when events conflicted. Or games.
    That time of year, during the Chase, that's a lot. I don't see how that part could work out.
    Of course, since I'm a MONTH late on this, it's probably already worked out.

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Interesting news, considering the talk on another thread of DMN's Tim Cowlishaw also double-dipping with ESPN.com as a NASCAR guy.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Even if a Michigan game and a race never directly conflicted, if you're a NASCAR beater, you're pretty much spending every waking moment from Thursday afternoon to Saturday night/Sunday afternoon at the track. Obviously she's not going to be the only flag-bearer for ESPN at a late-season race, but at that level, you need to be plugged in to every outlet on the track to not get your ass handed to you by Charlotte, Atlanta, Daytona or the other outlets, none of which are seeing their top NASCAR people go to N.C. State or Georgia Tech games on Saturday.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

She's done a fine job with NASCAR at detnews.

Draft saved Draft deleted