1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An epiphany

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Awesome.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think your real problem is that you spent too many years chasing catholic girls.

You need to find yourself a jewish gal with big wackers. Moses will become your new God.

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

I hear that shit, brotha

4. That's what I love about this place. On a thread about a man questioning his faith, I've learned a new term -- big wackers.

SportsJournalists.com is my religion.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Very well-said.

One of the toughest conversations I've ever had was last year when we got to talking about religion and I told my mother (who is by no means a fanatic, but a believer) that I am pretty much agnostic. I think it broke her heart a little, but we are an honest family.

I figure that through virtually all of human history, societies have had an HRE in their culture and have been certain their version was the correct one. It would be an awfully big coincidence if the one worshipped by the family you happened to be born into, and the rules of the book they happen to believe in, were the universal truth. That's just logic.

I don't know what the truth is. But at least I admit that I don't know.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was awesome.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Mom? Is that you?

It isn't good enough for my mom that the Catholic Church said it was OK to eat meat on Fridays outside of Lent. So the Pope was wolfing down double burgers with bacon while I ate fish sticks every single Friday for the first 19 years of my life,

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You're just a damned cynic.

:D

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Whatever God can drink, Ryan Sonner can drink a teaspoonful more.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I told him I'd call him back. I was already talking to John Lynch and I'd been waiting on a call back from Brett Favre for 765 days, 22 hours, 12 minutes and 4 seconds. I couldn't tie up the line.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

HB - honest question: why does this topic bother you enough to make it a post? if you've discovered your truth, shouldn't you be happy?

this epiphany obviously doesn't change who HB really is.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Marge: I hate being late to church!

Homer: Well I hate going to church so we're even!

Draft saved Draft deleted