1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An epiphany

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jul 31, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ha. I don't think it was the book. I think I never believed, but I just now came to the understanding that I don't believe.

Thanks. The veal and wine are marvelous, as is the waitress...:)

I am not sure how I would describe myself.

2. Yikes

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I think there is A Higher Religous Entity. I am not sure, though, if He/She/It is God or Allah or Buddah or whom-or-whatever. I am sure, though, that I never believed in Catholicism.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Higher
    Religious
    Entity

6. writing irish

Oh, Higher Religious Entinty. Sorry, I'm a bit slow this afternoon. I was thinking "Ho, Ready to Eat." Sounded yucky.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was thinking Holy Roman Empire.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Remember though, a little thing like that is no reason to stop going out for fish fry on Friday night.

9. writing irish

Doc, that's a lot better than what I was thinking. I'm all for cunnilingus, early and often, but not with prostitutes.

If you're interested, "Finding Your Religion: When the Faith You Grew Up With Has Lost Its Meaning" by Scotty McLennan is a good read. He's the real-life inspiration behind the Rev. Scott Sloan character in Doonesbury.
    [​IMG]

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Epiphany is really a Christian word so I think you should change thread title to revelation. Otherwise it's misleading.

I clicked on thinking that you were going to tell us that you accepted the baby jesus as our god and savior.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

There are times I wonder the same. It's obviously not out of the ordinary to question your faith at some point in your life.
    I've been to 2 Catholic masses in the past few years, one, my mother's funeral last month and a mass for her yesterday morning.
    Both times, I started to think to myself, why do we have to go into a building to profess our faith in God, etc? Shouldn't he be able to hear us at any time we pray outside of church? Then it morphs into are we really talking to anyone? What if the stories in the Bible are just that? Or has someone has written the fiction book of all-time and we have accepted it as the truth.

Or, is it that I was really out of practice of the Catholic mass and had to think what was coming next

:)

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just today God has shined his love on Boston.

Draft saved Draft deleted