1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An elderly man just got hit by a car - What's for dinner?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Wow. Just wow.

http://search.cbsnews.com/?source=cbs&q=Connecticut+hit+and+run&x=0&y=0

For those who don't want to bother clicking on the link I've painstakingly researched and posted, it shows a man getting run over by a speeding car and then a bunch of Hartford residents standing around with their thumbs up their bums talking about what went wrong with the Whalers.

Cripes.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I counted 10 vehicles that drove by the poor bastard before the police showed up -- most of them obviously dodging him in the middle of the road. That's absolutely inexcusable. What gutless fucks.

3. Whoops, I just realized I D_B'd. I guess my research wasn't painstaking enough :)

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/57104/

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I could somewhat understand if the dude got shot or something, and people are afraid of involving themselves in the situation.

But getting run over by a car, and just leaving him there? Man, some people are spineless.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Four people did call 911 within the first minute that it happened.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

As opposed to the 20 who drove by him?

7. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

Hell, I'd do the same for you, WB.

8. Flying Headbutt

I'm not trying to say the world is a warm and fuzzy place. Just that it's not as soulless and empty as the video suggests.

9. It still reeks of "Not my problem." At least comfort the guy and try to cordon off the area so he doesn't get hit again.

10. Flying Headbutt

That's what I would have done. And I like to think the rest of the world would have too.

11. Do you even like the Whalers?

12. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

Who?

Draft saved Draft deleted