1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An alcoholic's dream come true

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, May 23, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

DENVER — A string of runaway rail cars spilled beer in downtown Denver Wednesday after they crashed into a parked locomotive and derailed.
    No one was hurt, and the railroad’s mainline operations were not affected, said Steve Forsberg, a spokesman for BNSF Railway, based in Fort Worth, Texas.
    Forsberg said a switch engine was assembling a train around 4:30 a.m. when the crew lost control of the 34 cars, which rolled downhill into the stationary locomotive.
    A tanker car carrying Coors beer overturned and spilled its contents onto the rail yard, Forsberg said. Another car carrying asphalt was damaged and leaked.
    Forsberg did not know how much beer and asphalt spilled.
    Two parked locomotives were heavily damaged, and several freight cars were damaged.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dream!?! More like a nightmare.

3. Homocide

Homocide New Member

that's the best use of coors beer since the last time some alcoholic's wife flushed a 30 pack of coors light down the toilet. i'd rather drink carling's black label or ron mexico's herpes infested urine instead of that shit.

4. boots

boots New Member

I haven't had Carling in decades.

5. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

I look forward to the AP photos of people licking the ground at that railyard.

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, Carling Bassett is trying to remember it.

8. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Good one, Ace. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted