1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An actual cutline in Sunday's NYT sports section

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, May 18, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You look at all the advances in equipment in the last 20 years and yet an NHL locker room still smells just as bad as the dressing room at your local rink. You'd think somebody would have figured out a way to at least "mute" the smell.

2. Rambler

Rambler Member

Always steer away from the goalie pads. Always.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't know if the ice has anything to do with it. I have a friend who plays roller hockey and his equipment smells awful. I think he leaves it in his car on purpose so he never has to drive anyone anywhere.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Stepped foot in the BGSU locker room after they played the Soviet team, a year removed from national title (1986? 87?) -- and gagged. Felt horrible. I was so jazzed to be there, couldn't wait to get there, enjoyed the helluva game (caught an errant puck!), and damned near ralphed in front of their lockers.
    I would have been forever remembered in NW Ohio as the kid who techicolor-yawned on the national champs.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

I usually scrub mine down with a pail of dishwasher-soapy water and then hose it down on the deck. But somehow, the rank of my shinguards is a life of its own.

I have thrown my elbow pads and my neck guard into the washing machine. That's about it.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I initially overlooked the headline on the story:

Smell the glove

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Now THIS would be a whiff o his stuff...

Draft saved Draft deleted