1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amy Schumer on finding self confidence

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Apr 20, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

When I saw her open for Norton, it was probably 7-8 years ago, she had just done Last Comic Standing. I had heard of her, but wasn't that familiar with her stuff. I just remember seeing that a female was opening for Norton and thinking that was a nearly impossible task.

She got a standing ovation.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

A standing ovation? I've never seen that at a comedy club. Or even heard of it. Interesting.

3. RecoveringJournalist

It was a theater show. Probably 800 people. Completely different dynamic than a club.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Stoney and Double Down like this.
  6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Comedy Central really kills it with sketch shows these days. Schumer, Key & Peele and Kroll Show are all brilliant with interesting and different points of view.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She is in rotation on the XM Comedy channels, that where I have heard her the most. Very funny, I find her sexy. Is related to Senator Schumer

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm always happy to see a Last Comic Standing alum do well. Especially the women that are actually funny. Her and Iliza have been two of the best from that show.

9. RecoveringJournalist

I think of the winners, Iliza has probably been the most successful.

Among those who lost, it would be close between Ralphie May and Gabriel Iglesias.

Schumer is probably the only one who has been successful beyond traditional standup.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Of course, Kroll Show is a beautiful, beautiful corpse now. But good lord, was it funny.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm working hard to convince my wife our kids should go as Gill Faizon and George St. Geegland next Halloween.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed as hard as the "Oh Hello" episode set in the doctor's office in season 2 or 3. The one where Mulaney busts out, "You idiot! You stupid bitch!"...I lost it.

Draft saved Draft deleted