1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl ... running(?) thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Dec 19, 2009.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Watch Mount score and tie this thing up.

2. NoOneLikesUs

Guess not.

Mount falls to 0-1 against legitimate competition.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

So sick of these two teams.

-Disgruntled St. John's graduate.

Both teams did have closer games this year than normal, so there wasn't quite the gap as the last few years, giving some hope to the rest of D3. But if I was a fan of either team, they can probably start making travel plans to Virginia for next December as well.

4. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

That's about the most ignorant comment I've ever read on this board. And that's saying something. Congratulations.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Couldn't see the game on TV, thanks to the delay and family obligations. Only thing I'd like to add is that I love the name Cecil Shorts.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

The Thhiiiiiirrrrrrd. :)

8. NoOneLikesUs

Oh come on... this school should have at least entertained the thought of moving up in class after beating up on the sisters of the poor for two decades now.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Because they also win titles in men's and women's basketball, volleyball, track and field, swimming, cross country, wrestling, baseball and hockey? Or just the football team's supposed to make the move?

10. NoOneLikesUs

Football often dictates everything else, so why not? Embrace the challenge!

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Had to leave for work in the third quarter. Got to the arena, saw UWW get to the 30, then had to actually work. Heard Coppage scored on the next play. But I'll enjoy it anyway on DVR when I get home. Two national titles in three years. Only way it could be better is if they got one for Berezowitz before he retired. But he's enjoying the last three years and two titles anyway, I promise you that.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Because to move up, they'd have to start giving out scholarships. OK, theoretically they could stay non-scholarship, but they wouldn't be competitive.

Draft saved Draft deleted