1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amish School Shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Oct 2, 2006.

1. What I cannot abide any more is the "This is the kind of thing that happens in the city. Not in our fair community" line.
    Sorry, Tooots. But this NEVER happens in the city. LIne 'em up.
    This one.
    Pearl, Missisippi.
    Jonesboro, Arkansas.
    Three in suburban Denver, including Columbine.
    Kip Kinkel up in Oregon.
    School shootings ALWAYS happen in places like this.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

As if this story couldn't get any more fucked up.

The two people he allgedly molested, "Huh? Who? Never heard of him..."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06278/727591-85.stm

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We could learn a whole helluva' lot from these people. We won't, but we could.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Why would you admit to it?

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

While their actions in this situation have been admirable, the Amish do have issues in other areas.

I feel for these families. The whole affair is so beyond repulsion.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who doesn't have issues, Pastor?

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You are correct. There is hardly a flawless group on the planet. However, the Amish had deep issues dealing with rape and incest that are continually covered up internally. The rapists were often left off with the equivalent of a wrist slap.

I believe it was last year that there was finally a case on it where a young woman left a compound and went to the police over the issue of her entire family...

The point being that their actions in this situation are admirable. I just wouldn't declare that we could learn a lot from them in regards to much else.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

This re-aired on 20/20 about a month ago:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2365919&page=1

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Can't some friendly law officer, I dunno, impede Phelps and his band of morons by pulling them over for speeding or something? Anything?

Phelps: Officer, I was not doing 80 in that 35 zone, there's a governor on this bus, it can't go over 55!
    Officer: Sorry, that's what the radar gun says, I'm going to have to take you in for reckless driving. We don't cotton to that 'round here.

(Four hours later)

Officer: Fuck me! I read the damn thing wrong! I'm such an idiot! You're free to go. Sorry you missed the funeral, see you in hell!

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I think I've mentioned before that I will be down there next weekend. If those Phelps fuckers are still around, I don't think I'll be able to contain myself.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In hell?

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

"I pulled you over for a broken tail light."
    "I don't have a broken tail light."
    <pause>
    "You do now."

Draft saved Draft deleted