1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amish School Shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Fifth girl dies ... per CNN.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Reading about this makes me want to take my 2-year-old daughter out of day care, bring her home, and hug her for about a month.

3. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I had a similar reaction. I called my sister and told her I would quit my job and homeschool my nieces when it was time. One is 2 and the other is 4 months.

4. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I think we're pretty much all agreed on the fact that this guy is a chicken shit for saving the last bullet for himself.

So, I'm going to play devil's advocate here and post this question:

Wouldn't you rather him use his last bullet on himself than on another innocent child?

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

No doubt about it, himself.

I just wish he didn't use the 10 or so bullets he used first.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

How about using the first?

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Mark,
    Feels good to get oxygen back into the brain, doesn't it? I know the feeling firsthand.
    It's kind of a double edged sword for the wife. She releases a statement early and it's "Look at her trying to spin this." She waits and it becomes, "what a callous bitch. She's said nothing to anyone. It's like she doesn't give a shit."

I'm willing to grant leniency here.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Not trying to rile anyone up again, but I agree with markvid that I didn't care for the spin. I could've done without the 'our lives are shattered' part of her statement.

At least your lives are still in progress, unlike several others.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Holy FUCK!

That church in Topeka, Kan. which protests military funerals is going to go to Amish country and protest at the funerals for the murdered girls.

WTF!

Shoot those bastards and reserve a room in Hell for them too!

:mad:

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

One of these days, somebody's got to take a carton load of Louisville Sluggers, and go to fuckin' town on these Fred Phelps fuckers.

Not a jury in the world who would convict anybody.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Sadly, these inbred freaks realize they are going to a place where no one will touch them.

However, I can't wait to see how they spin this into the God hates fags angle.
    They are just itching to get the beatings they deserve.

I bet the bikers that follow them around as a counter protest are going to double or triple their showing on this one.

Edit: They are justifying their foolishness because our guv was mean to them.
    Poor, poor, wittle incest maggots.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/oct2006/20061003_pennsylvania-school-girls.pdf

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It would be wrong to retaliate against Fred Phelps and friends. Just wrong.

However, were I an Amish guy driving a buggy, those horses can have a mind of their own, you know. They might just -- on their own, mind you -- plow into a passel of Phelpses by accident and kick a few when they are down.

Can never tell with dumb animals.

Draft saved Draft deleted